POSITION TITLE: Administration Assistant _ POM
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organisation, founded in 1971 and working in 70 countries around the world. MSF provides medical assistance to populations in crisis, regardless of race, religion, belief or political affiliation. In PNG, MSF has been working since 2007 in Lae, Tari and Bougainville. MSF is now extending its activities in order to support the Department of Health to improve access to care for tuberculosis patients in Gulf Province and NCD Province.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into local language. Assists the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
- Open Ended contract
- Candidates must be flexible with working hours
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Finance, business or administration related diploma.
- Experience in related jobs (minimum 2 years). Working experience in international NGO is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)/ Good knowledge of local languages
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment and flexibility oriented.
The applicants have to send their cover letter with an updated CV and a copy of any other relevant documents (diplomas, registration certificate, work certificates, reference letters) to:
GB House, Office #3
Spring Garden Road, Kunai Street, Hohola, Port Moresby
Please clearly indicate on your application the position title and your phone number. No document will be returned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that MSFF neither provide transportation nor accommodation for the interviews. Interviews will be in Port Moresby.
DEADLINE: complete applications must be received by 5.00 pm on 15th of Aug 2017.
09/09/2017 (2 weeks)