POSITION TITLE: Liaison Officer _ POM
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organisation, founded in 1971 and working in 70 countries around the world. MSF provides medical assistance to populations in crisis, regardless of race, religion, belief or political affiliation. In PNG, MSF has been working since 2007 in Lae, Tari and Bougainville. MSF is now extending its activities in order to support the Department of Health to improve access to care for tuberculosis patients in Gulf Province and NCD Province.
- Ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in the mission country according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures
- Maintain the support travel service in HQ informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, working permits, etc..
- Know all the procedures that MSF needs to follow in order to import goods from any country and assist the mission in following these procedures, in cooperation with the Supply Manager and the logistic department of the mission.
- Follow up clearances of MSF cargos and informs about any possible planned or extraordinary needs.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the mission.
- Arrange meetings related to administrative issues for the Head of Mission or the FIN/HR Coordinator as well as attend them.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in the Country/Mission with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details.
- Ensure, together with the MCT members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
- Open Ended contract
- Candidates must be flexible with working hours
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Secondary education essential. Administration or communication related studies desirable..
- Essential previous experience of at least one year in related relevant positions, in MSF or other NGOs.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment and flexibility oriented.
The applicants have to send their cover letter with an updated CV and a copy of any other relevant documents (diplomas, registration certificate, work certificates, reference letters) to:
GB House, Office #3
Spring Garden Road, Kunai Street, Hohola, Port Moresby
Please clearly indicate on your application the position title and your phone number. No document will be returned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that MSFF neither provide transportation nor accommodation for the interviews. Interviews will be in Port Moresby.
DEADLINE: complete applications must be received by 5.00 pm on 15th of Aug 2017.
09/09/2017 (2 weeks)