The ICRC Mission in PNG – Mt Hagen is looking for qualified candidates to fill its vacancy for:
WATER and HABITAT Field Officer
(Based in Mt Hagen)
We offer an interesting and rewarding work in a humanitarian and international environment. Under the supervision of the WatHab Delegate, the WatHab Field Officer contributes to the implementation and running specific Water, Sanitation and Habitat programmes and maintains contact with authorities, the population and the PNG Red Cross
- Supports in technical field assessments, organisation, implementation/construction, monitoring and reporting of WatHab projects.
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors / authorities at field level (local Red Cross Branches, population, suppliers, etc.)
- Proposes, elaborates and develop, some WatHab field activities
- Execute administrative, office and field technical work related to the project
- A degree or diploma in an Engineering field (construction, water supply, electricity)
- Work experience in a technical engineering/construction field
- Advance Computer Skills(Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good analytical, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Current Driving license
- Good knowledge of Highlands area
- Motivated by humanitarian work.
- Respectful, open-minded and able to work in team
- Capacity for negotiation and communication
- Able to work independently and take responsibilities for identified tasks.
- Ability and williness to carry out some technical work in the field
- Working Hours:
Monday to Friday 8.00 to 17.00 / 40 hours a week
Possible mobilisation on SAT & SUN as the humanitarian situation dictates
- Starting Date: Immediately
- Location: Mt Hagen, WHP - (No relocation benefits)
Pease send your resume (providing at least three references) and a cover letter by mail or email to the address below before 08/09/17. Please make sure to mention the reference title.
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
REF: WATHAB FO MOH 2017
Mount Kuta Road, Portion 488, Rabiamul
PO Box 955 Mt Hagen, Western Highlands Province
Phone: 542 1653
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest
09/09/2017 (2 weeks)