Barrick (Niugini) Limited (“BNL”) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold Corporation and Zijin Mining Group-which own 95% participating interest in the Porgera Joint Venture. The remaining 5% is owned by Mineral Resource Enga (MRE) Limited – a consortium consisting of the Enga Provincial Government and the Porgera landowners.
The Porgera Joint Venture now has vacancies for qualified and experienced individuals in the following positions:
SUPERVISOR SITE SERVICES (NS_81)
Reporting directly to the Foreman Site Services and is responsible for the immediate supervision of various technical staff, Both PJV employees and contractors, who are undertaking works in and around the mine and camp sites.
The ideal candidate must;
- Have a minimum of Grade 12 Certificate or higher.
- Essential – trade certificate or University Degree in Building
- Minimum five years post-trade experience
- Ability to read and interpret plans
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
- Possess thorough knowledge of building principles and techniques in a wide range of scenarios
- Demonstrate High level of understanding of applicable building codes
- Ability to scope, cost and manage maintenance and capital projects
- Ensure planning and execution of work activities by employees and contractors adheres to the PJV Environment Policy and meets agreed environmental objectives and targets.
- Support and maintain the Environmental Management System by identifying and developing strategies for continuous improvement of environmental performance.
- Communicate the Environment Policy and associated standards and practices to employees, contractors and the public.
- Ensure personnel are equipped with the right training, procedures, tools and equipment to conduct their work in a manner which minimises environmental risk.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs, particularly the Significant Environmental Aspects related to the work area (Disposal of Domestic & Industrial Wastes, Water and Energy Conservation).
- Comply with the company’s Environmental Standards and Improvement Programs such as Water Conservation, Biodiversity, Closure and others as they become available (Energy Efficiency, Waste Minimisation, Hydrocarbon Management).
- Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated according to Company policy and statutory requirements and all recommended corrective actions are completed on time.
- Promote a high level of health and safety awareness and compliance with the PJV Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Provide training and coaching to all team members, with specific attention to National and Local employees as part of the Company’s Training and Localisation Plan.
- Ensure all members of the team have clearly defined accountabilities, roles and individual development plans. Provide feedback on performance and conduct formal performance reviews.
NB: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE AN UP TO DATE POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ACQUIRED WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS).
If you possess the ambition and drive to build a career with the Porgera Joint Venture, forward your application and resume before the 18th August 2017 to: The Human Resources Superintendent Porgera Joint Venture Email: PHRCoordinator@porgerajv.com or Phone: (+675) 547 8912/545 3056 for more information. Emailed job applications are encouraged.
07/09/2017 (1 week)