The Compliance Officer is responsible for the security and loss avoidance in relation to all personnel (employees, contractors, approved visitors) and protection of the company’s assets for the Simberi Gold mine site and its associated operations.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that the security services for the project are carried out in a professional manner consistent with the policies and procedures of the Simberi Gold Company Limited, insurance provisions and applicable statutory requirements.
This is a FIFO position on a 16 days on, 12 days off roster. Point of Hire is restricted to Kavieng/ Rabaul/ Port Moresby/ Lae or Tabar group of Islands.
Key roles and responsibilities
Maintain the Gold room security systems and ensure that the movement of the gold is carried out in accordance with SGCL procedures.
- Audit all SGCL surveillance equipment and ensure that the security alarms and security systems are maintained.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the security sections involving Surveillance and operations.
- Initiates investigative procedures and make sure there is no violation of procedures, policies, rules or regulations.
- Conduct competency assessed training as required, including classroom based and mock drills to simulate high and reasonable likelihood security threats and to ensure regulatory compliance in all security matters.
- Apply best practice problem solving in relation to all security matters
- Communicate the issues regarding compliance to employees.
- Prevent unethical, illegal or improper conduct of employees.
- Actively supervise security personnel with respect to problems and issues that arise
- Ensure that the contract Security Officer is abiding to the gold room security procedures.
- Ensure that the Gold Room Operators are complying to the gold room procedures.
- Daily audits on all Gold room operations.
- Assist in all external security matters.
- Ensure a high level of discipline and diligence with respect to the personal and professional conduct of security at all times.
- Utilise restraint and diplomacy when dealing with reported security infringements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Grade 10 High School qualification augmented with appropriate security operational and management training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role (ideally with security experience in PNG)
- Background in a Police service or the military will be preferred.
- A collaborative, consultative and facilitative approach to implementing security initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive behavioural and procedural change to improve security performance.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hold a current driver’s license.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with considerable experience in the demands and practices of the mining industry.
Simberi Gold Company Limited offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should forward their Resume to Simberi.Recruitment@stbarbara.com.au no later than Friday 25 August 2017.
Simberi Gold Company Ltd reserves the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date.
To be eligible for this role you must be a PNG National.
St Barbara is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in 2014 was one of only 76 organisations in Australia to receive citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and in the same year, winner of the Women in Resources National 2014 Award for achievements in eliminating gender pay equity gap.
11/09/2017 (2 weeks)