Kutubu based role
ENVIRONMENT OFFICER - COMPLIANCE
We are looking to recruit a qualified Environment Officer - Compliance with preferably 2 years experience, who will provide specialized technical support in maintaining environmental monitoring systems and instrumentation.
The candidate will also be able to conduct surveillance and measurement programs relating to the emissions and impacts that relate to Oil Search activities.
The candidate will have the capacity to implement environmental monitoring programs; coordinate sample collection & maintain an efficient sample tracking process.
The candidate will also be faimilar with installation/set-up and ensure reliability through preventative/routine servicing & maintenance of all monitoring specialised instrumentation and equipment.
At the same time, the candidate must demonstrate a high level of personal and professional commitment to our “Incident Free Operations” ethos and actively demonstrate and promote safe, environmentally focused work attitudes and practices.
You must meet these key criteria
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Natural Resource Management or Computing Science or Engineering minoring in Environmental Science.
- Preferably 2 years work experience in Environmental Science or related field with exposure to the resources industry.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work well across cross functional teams; must also have excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Medium to high level of computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Specialised skills in telemetry & instrumentation (water testers, flow meters, etc) programming (VBA or SQL), environmental DBMS (esp. ESDat) and GIS software (esp. MapInfo) preferred.
- Good self-organising ability and time management skills are critical skills to have.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, an updated resume with job experiences & contact details of two referees to: email@example.com
Applications must be 2MB or less.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: Friday 25 August 2017
We are an organisation with an empowering and rewarding work environment that offers meaningful career development and the opportunity to work with and learn from the industry’s best. We offer a competitive remuneration package plus benefits, recognition, learning and development opportunities and health and wellbeing programmes.
10/09/2017 (2 weeks)