Reporting to the Manager Finance & Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the logistics, scheduling and coordination of transport including sea and air travel solution for the company and to ensure that these functions are carried out effectively and in accordance with applicable statutory regulations, company’s operational standards and policies.
Key roles and responsibilities include
- Undertake arrangement and booking of all SGCL employees, contractor and visitor flights including local and international charters, local and international airlines as well as any other mode of transport as directed.
- Undertake arrangement and booking of all necessary and applicable accommodation locally and internationally as required.
- Prepare and distribute, in a timely fashion, all necessary itineraries for flights and accommodation in relation to the above.
- Identifies and enforces corporate travel policies and procedures to improve workflow efficiency and cost savings in overall operation.
- Determines best booking procedure based on cost savings and communicates itinerary and instructions to senior staff and employees in accordance with agreed practice.
- Preparation and filing of all flight related manifests, consignment notes and flight documentation.
- Preparation and distribution of all flight and charter schedules.
- Pick up and transport of all personnel, baggage and freight to and from the Simberi accommodation camp and Simberi airstrip.
- Demonstrated supervisory/leadership capacity and continuous improvement mindset.
- Management reporting.
- Competent, accurate and time based record keeping.
- Actively participate and promote a safe working environment.
- Actively participate in departmental safety meetings and display a safe attitude.
- Punctual attendance for all rostered shifts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in the travel industry, preferably in a supervisory level.
- Working knowledge of travel policies and procedures.
- Aircraft handling/loading/refuelling procedures.
- Excellent PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet applications and internet functions.
- Excellent organization, planning and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
- Previous experience in the mining industry.
- Current Driver’s Licence (desirable).
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with considerable experience in the demands and practices of the mining industry.
Simberi Gold Company LTD offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to Simberi.Recruitment@stbarbara.com.au
This is a FIFO position on a 21 days on, 14 days off roster. Point of Hire is restricted to Kavieng/ Rabaul/ Port Moresby/ Lae or Tabar group of Islands.
Short-listing for this position commences on the 24 August 2017, however we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date.
To be eligible for this role you must be a PNG National.
10/09/2017 (2 weeks)